Social Media Services
Social media is an important way for authors to broadcast media attention, to interact with readers, to give insight into the author’s working life and to maintain interest in their books over the long-term. Social media is convenient (posts can be written at any time of the day) and immediate (authors can respond to breaking news relating to their book or area of expertise).
Four Week Social Media Start-up
Designed to help get you up-and-running quickly on the most popular social media sites. Ideal for authors new to social media.
- Initial consultation to discuss publicity angles and social media ideas for you and your book.
- Create or update your Facebook and Twitter accounts:
- Facebook Page - A professionally branded Facebook account, targeting each individual author’s readership. Includes links with Twitter account, retailers and author’s own website.
- Twitter Account - A professionally branded Twitter account, creating an interaction with potential followers and readers. Link with Facebook account, retailers and author’s own website.
- Advice and training on Facebook and Twitter accounts for one month. We will create posts from the start of the campaign and talk though best practice with authors. Over the course of the month authors will be encouraged to begin creating their own posts alongside ours, gradually taking over their accounts.
- Social media increases interaction with customers, brand awareness and potential sales. By the end of the service the author will have a strong online platform and an understanding of how to continue to make the most of their online presence.
Four Week Social Media Start-up PLUS
In addition to the standard social media service above:
- Optimisation of your book on Goodreads.com, including ensuring that your metadata, subject categories, descriptions, author information and tags are in place to help you to attract as many readers as possible. We can also advise you on other ways to make the most of Goodreads.com including competitions and blogs.
- Create or update your account on either Pinterest or Instagram. Ideal for books that contain photographs or imagery or where the author would like to provide images as background information additional to the content of the book.
Two Week Social Media Optimisation
For authors who already have working social media accounts, this is a 2 week service during which we will optimise your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads and other social media accounts. We will also give you a 1 hour personal telephone or Skype consultation to provide you with ideas for your posts, advice and tips for your social media strategy.
“Cameron Publicity & Marketing helped get the word out about my second novel Hampstead Fever, and I was very pleased with the coverage. I was particularly impressed with the care, attention and diligence of the team over the four-week campaign. I felt that my book and I were in the safest of hands.”
- Carol Cooper, author of Hampstead Fever
“I worked with Cameron Publicity and Marketing at a critical time – the launch of my debut novel Forty One. They took time to get to know me and my book, and so they could help me focus a campaign on literary and women’s media. Their excellent contacts led to BBC radio interviews and a full page spread in a national magazine. If it’s exposure you want and a team that’s caring, fun and professional to work with, Cameron is the answer. I’d do it again in a heartbeat!”
- Lesia Daria, Author of Forty One