Social Media for Authors and Publishers
Social media is an important way for publishers and self-published authors to expand media attention, to interact with readers, to give insight into the author’s working life and to maintain interest in their books over the long-term. Social media is convenient (posts can be written at any time of the day), immediate (authors can respond to breaking news relating to their book or area of expertise) and aimed directly at readers.
Whether you are a publisher or a self-published author, a great social media strategy is an important part of your book publicity and marketing tool kit. We can help you to make the most of your book as you reach out to book influencers, book bloggers, organisations and interest groups on social media platforms including TikTok, Twitter (X), Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and elsewhere.
Four Week Social Media Start-up Service
Designed to help get you up-and-running quickly on the most popular social media sites, this service is deal for authors who are new to social media or who want to become more effective in their outreach.
- Initial consultation to discuss publicity angles and social media ideas for you and your book.
- Create and/or optimise your Facebook and Twitter accounts with professionally branded imagery and descriptive text.
- Advice and training on Facebook and Twitter accounts for one month. We will create posts from the start of the campaign and talk though best practice with you. Over the course of the month, you will be encouraged to begin creating your own posts alongside ours, gradually taking over your accounts.
- Social media increases interaction with customers, brand awareness and potential sales. By the end of the service you will have a strong online platform and an understanding of how to continue to make the most of your online presence.
Four Week Social Media Start-up PLUS
In addition to the Four Week Social Media Start-up Service:
- Optimisation of your book on Goodreads.com, including ensuring that your metadata, subject categories, descriptions, author information and tags are in place to help you to attract as many readers as possible. We can also advise you on other ways to make the most of Goodreads.com including giveaway competitions and blogs.
- Create or update your account on either Instagram or Pinterest. Ideal for books that contain photographs or imagery or where the author would like to provide images as background information additional to the content of the book.
Two Week Social Media Optimisation Service
For authors who already have working social media accounts, but just need a little help and advice. In the course of this two week service, we will optimise your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads and other social media accounts. We will also give you a one-hour personal telephone or Skype consultation to provide you with ideas for your posts, advice and tips for your social media strategy.